Saturday, January 30, 2010

Salmon sounds good

We met yesterday with one of the managers at the hotel.  He wanted to meet us since we are going to be here for so long.  We took the opportunity to complain a bit about the high price of laundry, but other than that it was a pleasant little discussion.  The one thing that caught me off guard was when he told us that he was going to set up a meeting for us with the head chef.  The purpose of the meeting is to allow us to tell the chef our specific culinary/dietary desires/requirements.  I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to tell him.

To put this in perspective our hotel has 5 different restaurants including a 24 hour buffet/diner that servers burgers, salads, pasta and a whole array of Indian food, a Japanese place with a sushi bar, a western style bar and grill, a Pakistani place, and an Indian restaurant.  I could easily go for a month without eating the same item for dinner twice.  Pretty much the only cuisines missing that I really enjoy are Mexican and Mediterranean, but I can't imagine sitting down with the head chef and saying, yeah, I really like all you have to offer, but you know what would make it even better? Burritos.

Here are a few pictures (taken from the car) of Kolkata's Birla Temple.

1 comment: